;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); 19 and 17 271 - 問題反應 - MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz!
返回列表 回復 發帖

19 and 17 271

Tsilhqot'in chief Roger William affirms he is still celebrating her nation's Supreme Court of Nova scotia June win, which of course his people title one,750 square kilometres of the company's traditional land in the rural Nemiah Valley.
William, 49, is chief of the Xeni Gwet'in First Region, one of six Tsilhqot'in nations. She has held the position since 1991 whilst was 26 years old, except one five year term amongst 2008 and 2013.
Her tribe, which lives concerning 250 kilometres west involving Williams Lake and is reached by having a 120 kilometre gravel route, has 430 members who political election in a chief every five years. Supreme Court, was launched in William's identity, on behalf of himself and all members of the Tsilhqot'in nation, and is the very first ruling to give an aboriginal region in Canada title thus to their territory.
Q: What do your people do for a career in the Tsilhqot'in, given that it is a real remote area?
A: All of us hunt for big game for instance deer and moose, or ducks and also geese, and we fish for fish and trout. My e il tempo è stato terribile Iy khstktutkhb fh khvdstkbftkgh khtg  FLFs lkhfhnds 63 mom will be 76 and she still scratches and tans hide. The majority hunt and fish for food items, but they also trade some of what you catch. There is also some ranching associated with cattle, and there are still many wild horses that people hook and trade.
Q: The history like to live in such a remote area?
A: In the 70's they started building the path, but before that it was just truck roads and trails. We have no BC Hydro, but we've been using green energy similar to solar panels, windmills and a mix of both generators for about 15 years. We'd no indoor plumbing up until the 1980s and we had radio stations phones until 2000. There's still no cellphone services, but people have microwave devices and satellite TV and Internet. When I was a child, I possibly could probably count on one give the number of vehicles in the vly and I used to get to Williams Body of water by team horse in addition to wagon.
Q: Do you have just about any children?
A: Yes, I've three boys, aged All day and, 19 and 17, and the other daughter, age 11. You will find there's school here that goes to be able to Grade 9. After that they will board in Williams Lake, but my wife, Shannon Stump William, gone to live in town two years ago therefore they could live with her along with go to school. My wife now has a job in Williams Lake, dealing with troubled youth. My most ancient son is working in the actual fisheries and my second most seasoned is training to become a wood worker.
Q: Tell me how the terrain title court case started.
Your: It will go way back for you to 1862 and the smallpox epidemic. People express there were 10,000 persons living here before the smallpox catastrophe, but today there are only about Several,500. In some of our communities, 100 per cent of the people ended up wiped out, while in others 20 per cent died. The 6 communities are what's left so we were put on reserves, high were penalties for not being on reserve.
The smallpox epidemic and the European influence divided the particular Tsilhqot'in people because some people didn't have the manpower to help cremate their dead, and they started out burying the dead, which was not necessarily our custom. Changing a death ceremony was such as breaking the law and that created huge division, even among family members. Also, some members started off having relationships with the Catholic Europeans and having children, fencing individuals out, building houses plus cultivating their land. Doing this created division in our country.
There was sind wahrscheinlich als Wissenschaft 40 a gold race in 1864 and the Europeans had been trying to build a road on the Tsilhqot'in. Some of the people were working with a Europeans and trading with these for new commodities like kitchen knives, guns, sugar and flour. My personal great grandfather was area of the group who wanted to stop the road. Some of the crew ended up mistreated and there was also a new threat of another smallpox outbreak. The particular Chilcotin War broke out when the soldiers wiped out the road crew as well as others. The warriors left on foot and hid in the woodlands, but then later were told there'd be a peace treaty if they came in, but when they afforded themselves up they were shackled, used and hung in Quesnel. Subsequently there has been no trust by simply Tsilhqot'ins of Europeans. At the same time, there wasn't any huge retribution because of the big partition in our nation.
Earlier this autumn, premier Christy Clark exonerated the six chiefs who were hung in 1864 in addition to acknowledged that they were warriors in a very territorial dispute, not criminals or outlaws. But that was higher than a century after the fact.
Q: Just how did you learn about these tales?
A: There is no real e book made from our Tsilhqot'in history, however this story, our legends along with our ritual beliefs in addition to our laws are inherited to the children through generations. The Tsilhqot'in war was the same. Since I was young, that they told us stories about it. I never knew English right up until I was six and went along to residential school in Quest. Before that, I talked our language and listened to these whiten stories from my parents and our seniors. They would say, be careful the person you talk to, who you tell these types of stories to, because they may tell on you and you might get hung for that. As I spent my childhood years I already knew there was clearly mistrust among Tsilhqot'in and from the government. There was this suspicions and I grew up with that and it is exactly what I was born into.
E: Do your children speak foreign languages?
A: They understand it, however they don't speak it. The Tsilhqot'in youth really want to know the historical background and language, but they have all of the other influences. We have talked our language to them since they were babies, but English is perhaps all over the place. They know the word what, the histories and the accounts, but they could know more.
Queen: What happened to your great grandfather?
A: He didn't believe in that there would be a peace agreement, so he didn't be put into and they couldn't catch him. For years, the government was envious sure they got all the a warrior because they were scared they were going to get attacked again. The great grandfather and some some others hid in the mountains for many years, but he eventually died regarding old age.
Q: You has been a band councillor at the age of Twenty two and chief at the day of 25. During that time, we have seen an ongoing battle over the area, its use and things like logging and mining. You happen to be through many processes such as roadblocks, declarations, a long running and ongoing negotiation with Taseko Mines over Fish Lake, and other efforts to get control over your terrain. Court of Appeal now, finally, the unanimous Supreme Court of Canada decision offers recognized your people's concept over a large portion of ones land. What is your vision for the future?
A: June 26 became a huge decision, pretty exhilarating. The stories, legends and laws that our elders with the Tsilhqot'in testified about in the court case were a big part of it. That we are as Tsilhqot'ins, through our ceremonies, our laws, our laws and our cultures, was used to win subject. For me, I believe it's a video game changer. For the first time ever in Canada, North America or in the entire world, a First Nations group acquired aboriginal title in the highest court in its country. It's never been recently done, anywhere before of all time.
So, as we move forward, we should be able to negotiate in a dan denken  86 way that will almost certainly work for us all. Some agreements will be quick and some are about to take longer.
Our vision is that we want to be caught up   what exactly do we mean by being swept up? Well, our language continues to be impacted, our culture, our traditional use. We've got our own people who can teach these things, but we want resources. I want to use the concept ?esggidam which is a Tsilhqot'in word referring to each of our ancestors before contact with Folks. This person was very strong, very powerful and very respectful to other men and women, to other races, to the property, to its resources. A lot of us have got to the point where we don't respect other individuals or the land, and we ought to fix that, to get back to ?esggidam, to get back to being that person.

http://www.straight.com/node/add/article

http://statren.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=201205&fromuid=8917

http://rollparts.tistory.com/index.php?page=10

http://bbs.legcd.net/thread-778083-1-1.html

http://www.bendimao.com.cn/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1006023&fromuid=13007
返回列表