;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); Harbus for News Fairy Mae Papadopoulos 31 - 男同交友 - MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz!
返回列表 回復 發帖

Harbus for News Fairy Mae Papadopoulos 31

Bronx vets get black Korean War hero proper burial at Arlington
DAILY NEWS Nyc News Politics Sports Amusement Opinion Living Autos Look for Events NYC Crime Bronx Brooklyn A queen Uptown Education Weather Obituaries New York Pics DN Photographers
Bronx vets get dark colored Korean War hero proper burial at Arlington BY Patrice O'shuaghnessy
Your A ABronx soldier  gave his existence for his country from the Korean War and got the Medal of Honor because of it.
This week, he will finally purchase the rest of what was coming to them when the Army sergeant's remains are buried in Arlington National Cemetery   ending a half century of mystery, bitter tears and a quest to ennoble the young hero. flag into a triangle plus a chaplain prays over the grave will be a chaos of graying veterans from the Bronx which made it their mission to purchase a fellow black soldier to the hallowed ground he had long been turned down.
"I know the sorrow my family transported in their hearts for decades," said Zenobia Penn, Charlton's niece. Jordan Retro 13 "My grandparents and also my mother Longchamp Outlet Online were bitter about the injustice."
"Finally, just after 56 years, he is wherever he should be," Chris Gumbs, one of the veterans who'll go to Arlington, said with tears in her eyes.
Charlton died nine days to weeks shy of his 22 birthday, showing extraordinary gallantry. Eight months later, around February 1952, his parents ingested his Replica Mont Blanc Pens Canada posthumous Medal Air Jordan Retro of Pay tribute to. The medal qualified the pup to be buried in Arlington, but he was not.
"The Army don't tell the family he was eligible. Was it administrative mistake or did race be involved?" Gumbs said. "For this particular household not to have been notified, it raises suspicions."
Penn recited the family lore: "The story I grew up hearing was my grandfather and grandmother were in a procession with my Uncle Connie's coffin on a horse sketched wagon, taking him to Arlington, when they were met by means of rednecks. They were treated harshly; we were holding terrified. It was 1952, and segregation was still strong in the South.In .
Charlton was one of 17 kids of a West Virginia coal miner who moved his household to the Bronx. He attended David Monroe High School, and enlisted inside Army in 1946 at 17.
In an October 1950 letter for you to his sister, he wrote, "At last I am getting what I have already been waiting for [combat duty]." It was authorized, "Love your bro, Cornelius."
SABO, Henry Veterans Leroy Archible (l.) and Henry Gumbs at Charlton Thompson Memorial Park with Bronx, named for black Fake Louis Vuitton Canada defense force  and William Thompson.
He was with the 24th Infantry Regiment, the "Buffalo Members of the military," the last all black system.
On June 2, 1951, he or she took command when the platoon chief was wounded and directed an assault on a mountain near Chipo ri. He slaughtered six enemy soldiers previous to he suffered a chest injure. He refused medical help and continued up the mountain and was hit by a different grenade. Before he died, your dog raked the enemy position having gunfire, eliminating it.
The armed forces says no one has been barred by Arlington because of race, but as Charlton has been lauded through the years, that grew to become accepted truth.
Articles around newspapers around the country said he was denied burial there because of his coloring. The city Parks Department Web page entry about a park from the Bronx named for him repeats the claim.
In the Morrisania location, Charlton Garden on E. 164th Saint. off Boston Road was really a weed choked, vandalized disgrace. Gumbs and another vet, Leroy Archible, researched the park's namesake.
"It appeared to be very emotional to find out about them," said Gumbs, 69, a new Vietnam era Army vet. "We found he was one of two dark men to Abercrombie Toronto Sale be awarded the biggest military honor in South korea. The other was Pfc. William Thompson, additionally of the Bronx."
Gumbs and Archible headed an effort to restore the park your car, forming the Friends of Charlton Car park. They got city officials to be able to pledge $1.5 million in order to the park by This year.
Harbus for News Fairy Mae Papadopoulos, the brother of fallen soldier , obtains kiss from her girl, Zenobia Penn.
Gumbs tried to track down the Charlton relatives, which had scattered from the Bronx, for your Memorial Day ceremony around 2005, but had no chance.
Meanwhile, Penn was yearning for additional information about her uncle, to create her half white granddaughter "proud of her blackness." She Googled her uncle's name, found out about the park, and approached Gumbs in May.

http://cgi.members.interq.or.jp/silver/ginkuji/skin/001/apeboard.cgi?command=read_message/

http://www.51haoshui.com/news/html/?429454.html

http://www.protectorforum.com/showthread.php?p=1803376#post1803376

http://www.163sy.com/home.php?mod=spacecp&ac=blog&blogid=

http://bbs.cooju.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=104574
返回列表