;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); Cheap NFL Jerseys China to build media capacity - 公告區 - MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz!
返回列表 回復 發帖

Cheap NFL Jerseys China to build media capacity

By Abena Rockcliffe and Zena HenryStarting today, members of the local media fraternity will benefit from an interactive and professional training workshop under the theme, “Democracy, Journalism, and Responsibility: Expectations for an Informed Society.”Quoting Warren Buffett, an American businessman and philanthropist who said “the smarter the journalists are, the better off society is. For to a degree,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, people read the press to inform themselves — and the better the teacher,Wholesale Jerseys Group, the better the student body,” American Ambassador D. Brent Hardt registered the need for such a programme in Guyana.The programme, hosted at Moray House Trust, Camp andFrom left: Award Winning Journalist, Andrew Alexander, US Ambassador D. Brent Hardt, Director of the Centre for Communication Studies at UG, Ms. Carolyn Walcott, Dr. Yusuf Kalyango and Deputy Vice Chancellor of UG, Phillip Da Silva.Quamina Streets, is a collaboration between the United States of America; Ohio University’s Institute for International Journalism in the Scripps College of Communication and the United States Embassy, Georgetown. It is being facilitated by the Centre for Communication Studies, University of Guyana, and will be spearheaded by two renowned international media veterans – African national Dr. Yusuf Kalyango and American-born Andrew Alexander.Delivering remarks to officially launch the programme were Ambassador Hardt; Carolyn Walcott, Director of the Centre for Communication Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences University of Guyana and Phillip Da Silva, Deputy Vice Chancellor of UG.Dr. Kalyango and Mr. Alexander also delivered remarks.As he spoke to an audience of reporters and stakeholders, the US Ambassador mentioned the benefits of having working collaborations and the responsibility that associates itself with the work of journalists.Hardt said that working collaborations bring different people closer together, enabling them to tackle similar problems faced.  This, he said, includes citizen security, economic hostility, social inclusion and environmental responsibility.He said that professional training encourages the dissemination of accurate, objective and balanced information. “The media plays an indispensable role in building a democratic society.”The envoy stressed that the press fosters active public debate and serves as a forum to express different points of view, “particularly on behalf of those who are marginalized in society. It serves a crucial function in being one of the few institutions capable of promoting vigilance against abuses of the law and government authority. It does this through investigative journalism, by raising the transparency of judicial, legislative, and administrative proceedings, by its access to public officials and public documents, and, most importantly, by its ability to translate this access into clear, coherent, accessible,China Jerseys Online, and interesting reporting.”Hardt made no qualms to point out that “unfortunately, the press is often a target of retaliation or restrictions by those who feel threatened by freedom of expression and transparency in democratic processes.”He pointed out that journalists are often the first to uncover “corruption,” to report from the frontlines of conflict zones, and to highlight missteps by governments.“Because of their work, many journalists around the world face not only physical danger, but other attempts to silence their voices, such as legal intimidation and threats to their livelihood.”The Ambassador said that the United States, “despite our own imperfections, remains a persistent advocate for the freedom of expression. We continue to raise media freedom issues in bilateral discussions with other governments as well as in multilateral bodies.”Hardt noted that the United States Embassy in Guyana actively supports initiatives to strengthen journalistic ethics, to build media capacity, and to encourage professionalization of the press corps.“This workshop is the latest example of our longstanding engagement with the media in Guyana,Wholesale Stitched Jerseys,” he pointed out.In brief remarks, Walcott highlighted several reasons why such a workshop was necessary. She pointed out that of all the media houses visited, it was very clear that reporters needed training. She said that since UG’s Centre for Communication Studies was established in 1975, its mandate has always been to train, but with a more strategic repositioning of responsibilities.  She emphasized that “the need to tool and retool” reporters have been recognized to enable media persons to better report on issues occurring, specifically in Guyana.She explained that a reporter’s job is very important to society in terms of building strong foundations.“A strong society is as strong as its team of reporters,” Walcott posited. “Governments cannot be held accountable unless there is a strong principle of reporting among our reporters here in Guyana.”She said that for this purpose, the need to strengthen local media workers has also been recognized.UG’s Deputy Vice Chancellor related that the University’s communication centre “is cognizant of its role to facilitate training and education to enhance the knowledge and to sharpen the skills of journalists in Guyana.” The workshop’s theme, Da Silva charged “is based on the recognition that media education remains a vital element of any democracy.” He said journalists do more than inform,Wholesale Jerseys, since in any democratic country, they give the voiceless a voice and make it possible to monitor the factors that shape lives.Dr. Kalyango spoke extensively on the benefits of foreign interaction, especially for the purpose of development within the journalism field. He is an Associate Professor and the Director of the Institute for International Journalism in the E. W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University in the United States. He obtained his Ph.D. at the University of Missouri – School of Journalism.Andrew Alexander is a former Washington Post ombudsman and an award-winning journalist. With a career that spans four decades, Alexander has reported from more than 50 countries across the world and won prizes in investigative journalism.Alexander stressed yesterday that journalism is all about accuracy, fairness, independency,Cheap Jerseys From China Outlet, and borders sometimes on being aggressive.  The veteran said that it is okay for journalists to be confrontational in a professional way with the people who hold power.He indicated that the workshop will touch on ethics of journalism, medical and political reporting.Alexander sought to point out that journalism is “occasionally messy and chaotic” but it is a career that holds an incredible amount of importance for the development and protection of society.

Moncler Foulard Et Chapeau Pas cher moncleroutletonline3231

together. But I tremble before the throng of the froward wooers, whose outrage Ralph Lauren Courte Pas Cher and violence reach even to the iron heaven. For even now, as I was going through the house, when this man struck and pained me sore, and that for no ill deed, neither Telemachus nor any other kept off the blow. Wherefore now, bid Penelope tarry in the chambers, for all her eagerness, till the going down of the sun, and then let her ask me concerning her lord, as touching the day of his returning, and let her give me a seat yet nearer to the fire, for behold, Camisetas Deportivo de La Coruna Baratas I have sorry raiment, and thou knowest it thyself, since I made my supplication first to thee.’
Even so he spake, and the swineherd departed when he Doudoune Peuterey Pas cher heard that saying. And as he crossed the threshold Camisetas Celtic Baratas Penelope spake to him:
‘Thou bringest him not, Eumaeus: what means the wanderer hereby? Can Goedkope FC Dordrecht Voetbalshirts it be that he fears some one out of measure, or is he even ashamed of tarrying in the house? A shamefaced man makes a bad beggar.’
Then didst thou make answer, swineherd Camisetas Valencia Baratas Eumaeus: ‘He speaks aright, and but as another would deem, in that he shuns the outrage of overweening men. Rather would he have thee wait till the going down of the sun. Yea, and it is far meeter for thyself, O queen, to utter thy word to the stranger alone, and to listen to his speech.’
Then the wise Penelope answered: ‘Not Maglia Francia witless is the stranger; even as he deems, so it well may be. 30 For there Fitflop lulu Pas cher are no mortal men, methinks, so wanton as these, and none that devise such infatuate deeds.’
30 Placing at colon at [Greek], and reading [Greek] (cf. xix.312).}
So she spake, and the goodly Moncler Blouson Femme Pas cher swineherd departed into the throng of the wooers, when he had showed her all his message. And straightway he spake to Telemachus winged words, holding his head close to him, that the others might not hear:
‘Friend, I am going hence to look after thy swine and the things of the farm, thy livelihood and mine; but do thou take charge of all that is here. Yet first look to thyself and take heed that no evil comes nlinks:

http://mgoblog.com/frontpage/E_GuestBook.asp

http://dimple.sakura.ne.jp/diary2/clever.cgi?mode=res&no=2141

http://www.hxshiying.cn/E_GuestBook.asp

Camisetas Croacia Baratas moncleroutletonline1340

nist, and the other non-abolitionist. Mr. Lincoln’s government presumes itself to belong to the latter, though its tendencies toward abolition are very strong. The abolition party is growing in strength daily. It is but a short time since Wendell Maglia Liverpool Phillips could not lecture in Boston without a guard of police. Now, at this moment of my writing, he is a popular hero. The very men who, five years since, were accustomed to make speeches, strong as words could frame them, against abolition, are now turning round, and, if not preaching abolition, are patting the backs of those who do so. I heard one of Mr. Lincoln’s cabinet declare old John Brown to be a hero and a martyr. All the Protestant Germans are abolitionists — and Goedkope Stade Reims Voetbalshirts they have become so strong a political element in the country that many now declare that no future President can be elected without their aid. The object is declared boldly. No long political scheme is asked for, but instant abolition is wanted; abolition to be declared while yet the war is raging. Let the slaves of all rebels be declared free; and all slaveowners in the seceding States are rebels!
One cannot but ask what abolition means, and to what it would lead. Any ordinance of abolition now pronounced would not effect the emancipation of the slaves, but might Parajumpers Naiset Harraseeket probably effect a servile insurrection. Maglia Olympique de Marseille I will not accuse those who are preaching this crusade of any Ostaa Halpa Jalkapallo Dortmund Paidat desire for so fearful a scourge on the land. They probably calculate Ostaa Halpa Jalkapallo Meksiko Paidat that an edict of abolition once given would be so much done toward the ultimate winning of the battle. They are making their hay while their sun shines. But if they could emancipate those four million slaves, in what way would they then treat them? How would they feed them? In what way would they treat the ruined owners of the slaves, and the acres of land which would lie uncultivated? Of all subjects Parajumpers Naiset Californian Joanna with which a man may Ostaa Halpa Jalkapallo Uruguay Paidat be called on to deal, it is the most difficult. But a New England abolitionist talks of Ostaa Halpa Jalkapallo AS Roma Paidat it as though no more were required than an open path forlinks:

http://www.jmxhsyzx.com/E_GuestBook.asp

http://www.uflashgame.com/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=98318&pid=101870&page=1&extra=page%3D1#pid101870

http://www.kimagic.com/guestbook/

Parajumpers Miehet Kobuk moncleroutletonline2180

re vilely, more loathsomely bloodthirsty. In old days he saw justice in bloodshed and with his conscience at peace exterminated those he thought proper. Now we do think bloodshed abominable and yet we engage in David Silva Pelipaidat this abomination, and with more energy than ever. Which is worse? Decide that for yourselves. They say that Cleopatra (excuse an instance from Roman history) was fond of sticking gold pins into her slave-girls’ breasts and derived gratification Nike Air Force 1 Hombre Baratas from their screams and writhings. You will say that that was in the comparatively barbarous times; that these are barbarous times Camisetas Bosnia Herzegovina Baratas too, because also, comparatively speaking, pins are stuck in even now; that though man has now learned to see more Mulberry Sacs Femmes Pas cher clearly than in barbarous ages, he is still far from having learnt to act Goedkope NAC Breda Voetbalshirts as reason and Fernando Torres Pelipaidat science would dictate. But yet you are fully Mulberry Femmes Totes Pas cher convinced that he will be sure to learn when he gets rid of certain old bad habits, and when common sense and science have completely re-educated human nature and turned it in a normal direction. You are confident that then man will cease from INTENTIONAL error and will, so to say, be compelled not to want to set his will against his normal interests. That is not all; then, you say, science itself will teach man (though to my mind it’s a superfluous luxury) that he never has really had any caprice or will of his own, and that he himself is something of the nature of a piano-key or the stop of an organ, and that there are, besides, things called the laws of nature; so that everything he does is not done by his willing it, but is done of itself, by Ostaa Halpa Jalkapallo Kolumbia Paidat the laws of nature. Consequently we have only to discover these laws of nature, and man will no longer have to answer for his actions and life will become exceedingly easy for him. All human actions will then, Doudoune Ralph Lauren Pas cher of course, be tabulated according to these laws, mathematically, like tables of logarithms up to 108,000, and entered in an index; or, better still, there would be published certain edifying works of the nature of encyclopaedic lexicons, in whlinks:

http://www.ssbnex.com/guestbook.asp

http://www.camerincourtney.com/blog/E_GuestBook.asp

http://ww.533.com.tw/viewthread.php?tid=1303800&pid=1572309&page=1&extra=page%3D1#pid1572309

Ostaa Halpa Jalkapallo Leverkusen Paidat moncleroutletonline3585

lts that held the doors; these flew open Parajumpers Naiset Angie with a noise like a bull bellowing in a meadow, and Penelope Goedkope Nice Voetbalshirts stepped upon the raised platform, where the chests stood in which the fair linen and clothes were laid by along with fragrant herbs: reaching thence, she took down the bow with its bow case from the peg on which it hung. She sat down with it on her knees, weeping bitterly as she took the bow out of its case, and when her tears had relieved her, she went to the cloister where the suitors were, carrying the Ostaa Halpa Jalkapallo Schalke 04 Paidat bow and the quiver, Goedkope Sporting Voetbalshirts with the many deadly arrows that were Fitflop Riata Pas cher inside it. Along with her came her maidens, bearing a chest that contained much iron and bronze which her husband had won as prizes. When she reached the suitors, she stood by one of the Ralph Lauren Pantalons Pas Cher bearing-posts supporting the roof of the cloister, holding a veil before her face, and with a maid on either side of her. Then she said:
“Listen to me you suitors, who persist in Nike Zoom Speed Trainer 3 Baratas abusing the hospitality of this house because its owner has been long absent, and without other pretext than that you want to marry me; this, then, being the prize that you are contending for, I will bring out the mighty bow of Ulysses, and whomsoever of you shall string Ostaa Halpa Jalkapallo Kolumbia Paidat it most easily and send his arrow through each one of twelve axes, him will I follow and quit this house of my lawful husband, so goodly, and so abounding in wealth. But even so I doubt not that I shall Maglia Liverpool remember it in my dreams.”
As she spoke, she told Eumaeus to set the bow and the pieces of iron before the suitors, and Eumaeus wept as he took them to do as she had bidden him. Hard by, the stockman wept also when he saw his master’s bow, but Antinous scolded them. “You country louts,” said he, “silly simpletons; why should you add to the sorrows of your mistress by crying in this way? She has enough to grieve her in the loss of her husband; sit still, therefore, and eat your dinners in silence, or go outside if you want to cry, and leave the bow behind you. We suitors shall have to contend for it with might andlinks:

http://www.pika.fr/phpbbforum

http://gangbang-team.de/index.php?site=news_comments&newsID=3/

http://www.camerincourtney.com/blog/E_GuestBook.asp
返回列表