;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz! Board Board logo

標題: most of them WORK 67 [打印本頁]

作者: sxliyddkq    時間: 2016-4-2 16:34     標題: most of them WORK 67

Not expanding Medicaid hurts middle class
People get sick and require health care whether they can afford it or not. Those who can least afford it are often more likely to need it. If these people have Medicaid they can receive cost effective, quality care at a physician's office or clinic. Unfortunately, this option has been denied to Missouri residents by Dr. Schaaf and his Republican allies. The only choice left is to seek care at the most costly place possible, the hospital emergency department. When this occurs, the cost is called "charity."
Dr. Schaaf lacks a Mens Nike Roshe Run Cheap basic understanding of how "charity" care works for hospitals. He tries to make us believe that hospitals have some kind of money tree that generates huge profits from thin air. The fact Nike Air Max 1 Fb is that the costs New Balance Online Outlet for "charity" care are passed along to the middle class through higher insurance premiums and Medicare taxes. Under Dr. Schaaf's plan, Missouri's middle class gets hit twice, once by refusing to let our tax money from Washington be used to provide care for Medicaid eligible patients in Missouri and second forcing us to pay higher insurance premiums to cover the "charity" care hospitals are forced by law to provide.
To begin with, it is pure insanity to have ever established the precedent of REQUIRING the emergency room to treat anything other than an emergency. First of all, it detracts from the capacity of the emergency room to perform its fundamental responsibility, which is address emergencies.
Too many times the emergency room of some hospitals are overrun by people who don't even have a legitimate need, but make their appearance at the emergency room, just because they can. And consequently a true emergency is not given the care they Nike Air Force 1 Womens desperately New Balance Online Au need.
There are many other options to consider. They might begin by having a supply of aspirin at the front desk of the hospital. That would waylay 60% of those folks who shouldn't be there in the first place.
Time to rethink an earlier mistake, and consider other options.
If Missouri were to have extended Medicaid , the cost would add millions in additional cost to our budget . This would either drive up taxes on the middle class or lead to cuts in education or other programs which would hurt everyone , especially the poor . Just to implement Common Core in Missouri will cost millions we don't have.
If people would stop using the emergency room for toothaches and flu the whole system wouldn't be affected. I didn't read Schaffs letter about "charity hospitals " but I'm sure he meant hospitals who truly do do charity work based on contributions.
The entire healthcare system has been turned upside down and into chaos to help a small percentage of Americans. It's time to admit Obamacare is a fiscal nightmare that will lead to disastrous consequences and shred it.
Medicaid expansion in Missouri would result in a rapid increase in spending beginning in 2017, quickly surpassing Womens Nike Roshe any modest savings from reductions in state payments to providers for uncompensated care. On net, the expansion would cost Missouri taxpayers $1.2 BILLION through 2012. Who's gonna foot the bill? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out!
Larry Koch, certainly we all want to help those who are truly needy but you also have to apply some common sense   your common sense is seriously lacking!
I do agree with you that emergency rooms are not and should not be used for non emergency's that is not the true problem as I have seen. I have seen more often than not is the people who do go out for emergency service are there for an emergency that could have been treated and diagnosed through basic preventative medical care. A basic bi annual checkup could find many problems that eventually lead to an emergency room visit, such as heart and stomach issues. Studies have shown a positive financial impact to Missouri. Dr. Schaaf constantly referred to "able bodied adults who don't work" in his biased diatribe. Sorry Schaaf, most of the people who would be eligible for Medicaid were it expanded under the auspices of the ACA actually work, but do so in minimum wage jobs, the annual return of which does not raise these people above the 138% of the FPL that would qualify them for Medicaid. Hence, greater ER use which translates into the ever increasing cost of medical care to you and me. To not have this law, would allow hospitals to cherry pick and dump, and believe me there was plenty of that going on before the EMTALA law.
Larry Koch
Wonderful letter. Keep them coming. How about one sixth of our population? How about 40 50 million of your fellow countrymen, who you could give a rat's a. about, just as long as you can snuggle up in your wool blanket in your warm home and puff away your life. Hey, what the H, those people are on the other side of the moat and you can't even see them. What's more you don't want to see them. They are all welfare queens anyway, undeserving of your hard earned dollars. But, you know something, progressives also contribute hard earned tax dollars. Yeah, Buy Nike Roshes Mucnckins, we are all Americans, and, as such we all need to see each other as humans and not as commodities or dollar bills.
It's too bad some folks are on the side of those "gaming " the system. I have repeatedly acknowledged that we do have people that deserve help from society. Well,that's a bunch of baloney. Fiscal irresponsibility is neither compassion or responsible.
Cleaning up the waste, corruption and gaming the system will advanced the appropriate care for those who deserve it. In the meantime allowing the entitlement mentality to grow is just irresponsible and anything but compassionate or humanitarian.
you should be truthful. I did not write "able bodied adults who don't work". I used the term "able bodied adults", because it describes the population the expansion would cover. I know very well that many of them work. I have fought tirelessly for those who cannot work, those now covered by Medicaid, and I have never suggested that we not care for the most vulnerable in our society.
In many of your previous posts, you have called me names, questioned my compassion, demeaned my personality, and even made me out to be racist. Don't you think you should strive for a more civil discourse?
Sorry. You are not a racist. I don't think I ever implied that you were. But you do lack compassion and lack understanding of the poor. You talk about spending other people's money. Well, guess what? People, who oppose your "free market concept" to address social needs of society, also pay the same taxes that you pay. For heavens sakes, we have been allowing the free markets to dictate how we provide healthcare in this country forever and it is not working. The poor are left out. But, you somehow miss that point. You have no proposal that would fit that. Transforming and reforming are present Medicaid system in Missouri is not the answer unless you plan to include the 250,000 adult Missourians that are currently left out. And, most of them WORK!
And, if you knew that many of the "able bodied' worked, then why did you not say so in your letter, instead of implying that they were takers. Instead you talked about the middle class having to pay more to "cover able bodied adults."
Also, could it possibly be that every provider group, including the Chamber of Nike Roshe Runs Footlocker Commerce, is pushing for Medicaid expansion in our state because it is the right thing to do, not only morally but also economically.

http://dedi.bargainspy.co.uk/user

http://biyinmeite.com/news/html/?87024.html

http://npl.rice.edu/search/node/

http://www.yzjs.gov.cn/E_GuestBook.asp

http://galleri.kjerringoy.no/displayimage.php?album=155&pos=46

歡迎光臨 MeiMei正妹交友論壇 (http://youjizz.cowww.meimei888.com/discuz/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0