;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz! Board Board logo

標題: Marlon Humphrey Jersey more accountable [打印本頁]

作者: dklst962    時間: 2017-7-3 06:32     標題: Marlon Humphrey Jersey more accountable

By Lance HindsAmidst all the yelling and screaming in the dailies about whether or not ministers should get an increase in salaries, and even more noise about how this increase was going to be effected,NFL Jerseys From China, there were two articles which also caught my attention andLance Hindstriggered more than a passing interest.The first one was about the Government plans to table a bill that seeks to amend Article 63 of Financial Institutions Act.  This amendment will allow financial institutions to disclose customer information to the Guyana Revenue Authority when it makes what is described as a ‘lawful request or demand for information’.Further reading and general enquiries revealed that the primary reason was apparently to help the GRA as it investigates individuals and entities that are not, in biblical terms, “rendering unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s”.  There was related news about the State Assets Recovery Unit awaiting specific legislation to support their efforts in recovering presumably stolen state assets. I imagine this legislation will also have clauses requiring financial institutions to provide information upon official demand.I must confess that my first thought after reading this was a humorous one. In my mind’s eye I saw citizens making even more deposits into the Cooperative Bank of Under-My-Mattress. Further thought about this however, caused my antennae to buzz with mild concern.I understand that the Government’s efforts at law enforcement, compliance and assets recovery are ultimately supposed to be for the benefit of us all.  I am well aware that there is already sharing of customer information, especially as local institutions and countries seek to comply with global laws like the United States’ Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).My fear, however, is that in the zealousness to investigate, prosecute and send to jail, we may inadvertently put pressure on the rights of citizens as regards the stewardship and protection of the information that they place in the hands of institutions. It is really time for a balanced,Cheap Sports Jerseys, overarching framework that comprehensively addresses this issue as opposed to dealing with it in separate silos of individual legislation.I am speaking specifically about data protection legislation.A Data Protection Act would govern how citizens’ personal/private information would be used by businesses, government agencies and other organisations. Such legislation would be guided by a series of principles that would protect the interest of individuals whose private information is being utilized.A useful guide for this would be the Data Protection Act in the United Kingdom. Under this act, eight principles are established in the interest of good practice and procedure. These principles define the lawfulness of the information that is being processed, the adequacy of the information provided, specific purposes for which the information is being used, the accuracy of the information being shared, rights of the citizens with regard to information sharing and the conditions for the sharing of private information outside the country’s jurisdiction.It would mean that any other legislation that seeks as part of its mandate to collect and analyse information about our citizens would have to defer and be guided by the properties and principles of this proposed legislation. It would certainly give everyone comfort and reduces significantly the chance of overreach as we move more and more towards an information and knowledge-driven society.The other piece of news that caught my attention is the visit of the Mexican Ambassador to the Prime Minister, to engage in discussions on the upcoming Global Open Government Partnership Summit in Mexico. Hosted by Mexico in late October, the summit will allow participants through workshops and plenary sessions to share experiences and examples about how openness can improve public services,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, drive economic growth and make governments more accountable.The Open Government Partnership was launched in 2011 to provide a platform for reformers committed to making their respective governments more open,NBA Authentic Jerseys, more accountable, and responsive to its citizens. In over 60 participating countries, government and civil society are working together to develop and implement open government reforms. It is expected that Guyana will participate in this summit. Nice.Let us therefore get down to basics. Open government is defined as one in which high levels of transparency, mechanisms for public scrutiny, and government accountability are in place, either by legislation or at minimum general policy. Transparency is a core pillar of any open government, and means that citizens must be able to access government held information and be advised of government proceedings. In recent years, this concept has even expanded further to include the expectations of increased citizen participation and collaboration on government affairs through the use of information technology.If the government is going to sign on to this level of governance, I hope they are conceptually aware of what that entails. This is a different type of high grass that we will be walking in. Over these many years I have always gotten the impression that when the authorities and subject agencies here give you information it is almost as if they are bestowing a favour upon your good self.This mind you, is information that you are entitled to as a taxpayer. As a matter of fact it can be well argued that a lot of the corruption that exists has to do with the difficulty of getting information that is rightfully ours in the first instance. I also believe that over almost 50 years,Marlon Humphrey Jersey, governments here, like others in the developing world, preferred to have significant control over the information that is provided to the public. What, in my opinion, also does not help matters, is that from the public’s perspective, there is not yet a general appreciation of what information they have a right to access.  Again,China Jerseys Cheap, we would be walking on very rare earth.This will be of course a complex exercise. Formal mechanisms about the consistent access and distribution to all government information and proceedings will need to be reviewed and updated. The internet has now become almost ubiquitous, so we would need to develop a series of open data standards to facilitate structured and responsible electronic access.This will more than likely be a long, bumpy ride. At the end of it all, however, it will be of tremendous benefit to the democratic evolution of our society.(Lance Hinds is the President of the Georgetown Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He is also the Chief Executive of the BrainStreet Group, an Information Technology and Content Development Company.)
作者: xuejun2as7    時間: 2017-7-3 13:13     標題: Athletic Bilbao Tröja 24460 Paris Saint Germain Psg Tröja

gh,Paris Saint Germain PSG Barn, Lockwood put the five sacks of pemmican on the sledge, and leaving the tent, etc.,SSC Napoli Drakt, and the supporting sledge-party packing up, he, Brainard, and Frederick started on. They reached the ice with no trouble, and, proceeding out from shore one or two hundred yards, turned to the east and went a short distance when, Frederick seeming to think the ice all right,Gareth Bale Fotbalové Dres, Lockwood sent Brainard ahead with the axe, while with Frederick,Cheap Walter Brown Jersey, having thrown off the load, he proceeded back for the rest of the stores, so as to take all on together. They had nearly reached the shore,Michael Kors Hamilton torebki, when suddenly Lockwood saw two or three of the dogs in the water,Wales Landslagsdrakt, and knew from Frederick’s tones that something had happened. The ice was moving out from shore, and they saw no way of getting off. Lockwood called for Jewell,Longchamp Travel Bolsa, and then leaving Frederick and his team to find a way to shore if possible,Marco Verratti Koszulka, started on the run to get within hailing distance of Brainard. He was speedily overtaken by Frederick and the dog-team, theGoogle Links:

http://www.maples-syrup.com/marrons_cafe/clever.cgi?mode=res&no=1635

http://www.maples-syrup.com/marrons_cafe/clever.cgi?mode=res&no=1633
作者: fuxue2g97    時間: 2017-7-3 14:35     標題: Philadelphia Flyers Dam Sverige 07105 Juventus Dam

light rain,Danmark Tröja.
On the 16th occurred the first hurricane of the season. It began in the morning with heavy south wind and sudden fall of barometer. At noon the wind whipped round to the northeast and blew with indescribable fury, filling the air with snow-drifts, and blotting out the view of everything even a few feet distant. The anemometer registered sixty-five miles,Real Madrid Drakt Barn, and then broke down. The noise of the storm,Longchamp Grid Torebki torebki, as heard from the house,Juventus Tröja, was as though on shipboard. It must have given way but for the ice walls around it.
On the 20th,Usa Landslagsdrakt, Lieutenant Greely issued a circular letter, calling attention to the order that all should be up for breakfast. Kislingbury and Dr. Pavy took exceptions to this, and the latter declined to lecture in his turn.
The next evening occurred a beautiful and unique auroral display,Corey Perry Dresy, the chief features of which were many broad bands of pure white passing through the zenith and reaching to the east and to the west horizon,Atlanta Hawks Drakter, which blended, twisted,New Orleans Pelicans Drakter, and curlGoogle Links:

http://vote.qdxiaoluohao.com/dzx/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1753618&pid=14797827&page=3170&extra=page=1#pid14797827

http://vote.qdxiaoluohao.com/dzx/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2267897&pid=14797826&page=2524&extra=page=1#pid14797826

歡迎光臨 MeiMei正妹交友論壇 (http://youjizz.cowww.meimei888.com/discuz/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0